So, I think I can confidently say that 2014 was a very productive year for LEGACY’s production. The team produced a staggering amount of content, considering the amount of time each member typically had to work on their assignments this past year. Some of the more note-worthy achievements were as follows…
– The first installment of the series of graphic novels (which are to be unlockable content within the game) was completed. It is both beautiful and riveting!
– The main storyline has finally been outlined and approved! So many twists and turns…can’t wait to share with the world!
– The complete first set of modern weapons (minus the “heavy weapon” slot) available for the human player characters to use in-game have been modeled and textured. My current favorite is the shotgun!
– Several key modeling “A-pose” sheets have been created. This is a big development for me, since it has allowed me to begin modeling some major character and NPC assets.
– The “universal head” pipeline has been successfully implemented. Our organic modeler has been hard at work now creating three fully fleshed out character heads!
– One of the main environments in the game…the “Hammerhead” cruiser hanger bay…is nearly completed! Once that is done, it will be the main focus for me to convert into the very first playable demo map.
– The human soldier character mesh has been successfully imported into the Unreal 4 engine, along with two “test” weapons ( the assault rifle and the sniper rifle). The character has been rigged and is fully controllable in-game. The assault rifle is close to fully useable…complete with muzzle flash and working laser dot sight.
– The official “Teaser Poster” is currently being printed as a limited run.
– The lore/backstory for the world has been mapped out. This, in and of itself, would make a great game! 😉
There has been a lot of other stuff that has been done…just too much to write…which has me very excited about 2015 and what we plan to accomplish.
For those of you who have been following us along, I sincerely want to thank you for your interest in our project. What we hope to create will be something that you all can enjoy playing and reading and watching…a truly entertaining experience!
Here’s wishing you all a very happy, fun, exciting, and safe New Years!
See you in 2015!!!